GedGap is a free genealogy tool that can help you plan, rate and prioritize your research plan from an imported GEDCOM file;
- Analyze and score each of your sources to reveal gaps in the reliability of your birth and death entries,
- Prioritize individual avenues of research based on the quality of the sources upon which they’re based,
- Determine a confidence rating in your sources based on completeness of research,
- Provide brief tips on birth and death entries for researching,
- Allow you to add brief notes to each entries status of research,
- Allow you to set flags for missing sources being proof of birth and death events, whether research is complete or has ceased, and
- Produces various reports on your research plan.
The internal scoring engine is customizable for different birth and death source types, e.g. birth index, death certificates, etc.
GedGap v2.7 macOS 10.10+ Free
★★⅓ Rating: 2.3 – 3 ratings