The support page for Coins contains the latest user guide and sample import CSV to try, advisory notes, release integrity and uninstall instructions.
Links to archives of older user guides and an app change log can be found at the bottom of the page.
The following resources are available for the current version 1.15 of Coins;
- Coins User Guide v1.15 (Accessible PDF format e-book)
- Sample CSV file for importing (Zip file containing a sample CSV file)
You may need to unzip this sample CSV file before importing.
If you are having any issues (e.g. preparing or importing your CSV file) or you have a suggestion, please contact us with your comments.
The data model had been updated in the prior version 1.6 to incorporate certificate number and the images of a purchase invoice and certificate of authenticity for each stamp (as well as other minor changes). Data files saved prior to version 1.6 will be automatically converted when opened.
It is currently not possible to view and import coin images from your Photos app library. Open Photos and export an image when can be drag and dropped into one of the image areas in Coins.
To validate the integrity of Coins from our download, the SHA256 checksum should be;
Run the following command in Terminal to compute the checksum of your copy;
shasum -a 256 ~/Downloads/coinsnotarized.zip
In addition, our apps have been notarized by Apple to be free of malicious software, which can be verified using the spctl command in Terminal.
spctl -a -vv /Applications/Coins.app/
The status of Coins will state that it has a Notarized Developer ID.
/Applications/Coins.app/: accepted source=Notarized Developer ID origin=Developer ID Application: A.M COOK & P.D COOK (F6U4UUF555)
To uninstall or remove Coins from your computer;
- If Coins is currently running, please quit the application,
- Delete the Coins application file (usually located in your Applications folder) by dragging it to Trash, and
- Optionally, delete the au.com.sevencookies.Coins folder from within your container folder, which is located in your home Library folder (~/Library/Container/au.com.sevencookies.Coins, where the ~ tilde symbol is your home folder).
We welcome relevant and respectful comments, please read our comments policy before adding comments below.