Your privacy is very important to us. At Seven Cookies, we have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it,
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights, and
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site.
Seven Cookies operates one website sevencookie.com.au (mapped from sevencookiesapps.com). It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Seven Cookies collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as;
- the number of visitors and geographic location (country),
- number of and pages viewed,
- referring search engine results (if available), and
- the date of each visitor request.
Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to provide information to better understand how our visitors use our website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to our website choose to interact with Seven Cookies in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction.
Due to an increase in spam, you are required to fill out your name and email to post a comment and all comments are moderated.
For example, we do not require visitors to log-in to WordPress to comment on our blog, but if you wish to comment or contact Seven Cookies via our Contact web form, we collect your name, email, the subject and any comments you make which are stored on our mail server. We use your email address to reply to any comments or questions raised.
In each case, we collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with us. We do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
We will also publish any reviews that relate to our apps that are published on the Mac App Store for marketing purposes. The only information displayed is publically available for all regional users of that Mac App Store. Any changes you make to your ratings and review will be reflected on our wesbite. If you don’t wish your review to be published on our website, please contact us and we will remove it.
Seven Cookies may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, our blog pages are screened for spam by the Akismet service to help identify spam. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, we do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Seven Cookies discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees that
- need to know that information in order to process it on Seven Cookies’s behalf or to provide services available at our websites, and
- that have agreed not to disclose it to others.
Seven Cookies will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, as described above, Seven Cookies discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Seven Cookies believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Seven Cookies, third parties or the public at large.
If you send us a request (for example, a support email), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Seven Cookies takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Seven Cookies, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Seven Cookies goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Seven Cookies may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
Seven Cookies would only hold personal data based on emails received from you. Please contact us if you would like to access, correct or delete any personal data.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Deletion of data and storage periods
We will delete your data as soon as it is no longer needed. Any email that you have sent us is stored on our ISP mail server and on any backup tapes of the messages from their mail servers as per their operational purposes. We keep emails in case of further comments, issues or queries that may arise at any time in the future relating to using our apps, whilst support for that app is active. When an app reached end of life and support has been terminated, all emails relating to support issues for that app are deleted. You can request information about all personal data we have stored about you and request for it to be deleted at any time.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives. We welcome relevant and respectful comments, please read our comments policy before adding comments.
For any questions or notice, please contact us
Any changes to our policy will be recorded below;
- 4th April 2018; Initial policy release,
- 5th April 2018; No content changed, formatting of the prior Attribution section to be a left-aligned blockquote to this Policy Changes section,
- 11th April 2018; Changed “require a name and an email address” to “do not require visitors to log-in” in respect of commenting on a blog post. The blog settings have been changed that the comment author does not need to fill out name and email to post. Lastly, a left-aligned block quote was added “You do not need to fill out your name and email to post a comment but all anonymous comments are moderated.”,
- 25th May 2018; Add “Your Privacy Rights” and “Deletion of data and storage periods” to reflect the requirements of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. We also added the wording “We will also publish any reviews that relate to our apps that are published on the Mac App Store for marketing purposes. The only information displayed is publically available for all regional users of that Mac App Store. Any changes you make to your ratings and review will be reflected on our wesbite. If you don’t wish your review to be published on our website, please contact us and we will remove it.” under the “Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information” section,
- 26th May 2018; Added “When an app reached end of life and support has been terminated, all emails relating to support issues for that app are deleted.” to “Deletion of data and storage period” section since it is conceivable than when support for an end-of-life app is reached, there would be no more use for emails from customers relating to these apps. At time of writing, although apps are declared end-of-life, support for these apps is still active,
- 26th August 2018; Removed advertising section (which is not present on sevencookiesapps.com) and changed links to sevencookiesapps.com domain,
- 22nd January 2019; Changed website from sevencookiesapps.wordpress.com to sevencookiesapps.com and indicated seven cookies.com.au is mapped to this site,
- 26th February 2019; Changed links and website to sevencookies.com.au as it is the primary domain and added wording that the site was formerly known as sevencookiesapps.com,
- 9th March 2019; Added wording “Due to an increase in spam, you are required to fill out your name and email to post a comment and all comments are moderated.”,
- 14th November 2019; Changed “formerly known as sevencookiesapps.com” to “mapped from sevencookiesapps.com”,
- 20th January 2020; The wording of “all message correspondence can be removed from our email server and any data held on you is available upon request” has been added to the contact page to indicate that all data can be made available or deleted upon request.