Our goal for this comments policy is to ensure that these set of guidelines are easy to understand and widely applicable. It’s not meant to be comprehensive, rather focusing on the most commonly shared principles we believe are critical for setting a foundation in a community to enable it to thrive.
A discussion or comment that contains only a link to your blog, a product, or your article on another site will almost always be removed.
Choose Your (Curse) Words Wisely
You do not need to fill out your name and email to post a comment but all anonymous comments are moderated.
Comments that contain profanity are automatically held for moderator review before being posted. Depending on the context of the comment, it may be removed. Profanity used to insult, antagonize, or inflame will always be removed.
Don’t Be a Rude
Personal attacks and harassment will not be tolerated. Sexist, racist, misogynist, homophobic, and broad, offensive generalizations about groups of people are simply not allowed. Comments or discussions written intentionally to provoke will also be removed.
Don’t Copy and Paste
If you didn’t write it, or haven’t properly cited the article you’re quoting, don’t post it.
We currently only support English-only discussions and Non-English comments and discussions will be removed.
For any questions or notice, please contact us
Comments Policy Changes
Although most changes are likely to be minor, Seven Cookies may change its Comments Policy from time to time, and at Seven Cookies’s sole discretion.
We encourage visitors to frequently check this page for any changes to its Comments Policy. Your continued use of this site after any change in this Comments Policy will constitute your acceptance of such change.
Any changes to our policy will be recorded below;
- 4th April 2018; Initial policy release,
- 5th April 2018; No content changed, formatting of the prior Attribution section to be a left-aligned blockquote to this Policy Changes section,
- 11th April 2018; Added a left-aligned block quote “You do not need to fill out your name and email to post a comment but all anonymous comments are moderated.”. Removed erroneous reference to Disqus channel in regard supporting English-Only discussion,
- 26th August 2018; Changed contact link to sevencookiesapps.com domain,
- 26th February 2019; Added year to changes above and changed contact link to sevencookies.com.au domain,
- 9th March 2019; Added wording “Due to an increase in spam, you are required to fill out your name and email to post a comment and all comments are moderated.”,
- 20th October 2019; Reversed wording back to “You do not need to fill out your name and email to post a comment but all anonymous comments are moderated.”,
- 20th January 2020; By way of supporting this comment policy, the contact pages has the wording “If you want to send a quick message without needing a response, you do not need to provide an email, nor do you need to leave your name if you wish to remain anonymous” added to re-inforce that comments can be posted without a name or email address.
- 26th March 2020; The wording of “If you want to send a quick message without needing a response, you do not need to provide an email, nor do you need to leave your name if you wish to remain anonymous” has been removed due to messages received for support with no email address provided.