The support page for GedGap contains the latest user guide and sample import GEDCOM to try, advisory notes, release integrity and uninstall instructions.
Links to archives of older user guides and an app change log can be found at the bottom of the page.
The following resources are available for the current version 2.7 of GedGap;
- GedGap User Guide v2.7a (Accessible PDF format e-book)
- Sample GEDCOM file for importing (Zip file containing a sample GEDCOM file)
You may need to unzip this sample GEDCOM file before importing.
If you are having any issues (e.g. importing your GEDCOM file) or you have a suggestion, please contact us with your comments.
The data model had been updated in the prior version 2.0 to incorporate source relevancy and changes to storing audit information. You will be asked whether to convert your data when an older versioned Gedgap document is opened.
To validate the integrity of GedGap from our download, the SHA256 checksum should be;
Run the following command in Terminal to compute the checksum of your copy;
shasum -a 256 ~/Downloads/gedgapnotarized.zip
In addition, our apps have been notarized by Apple to be free of malicious software, which can be verified using the spctl command in Terminal.
spctl -a -vv /Applications/GedGap.app/
The status of GedGap will state that it has a Notarized Developer ID.
/Applications/GedGap.app/: accepted source=Notarized Developer ID origin=Developer ID Application: A.M COOK & P.D COOK (F6U4UUF555)
To uninstall or remove GedGap from your computer;
- If GedGap is currently running, please quit the application,
- Delete the GedGap application file (usually located in your Applications folder) by dragging it to Trash, and
- Optionally, delete the au.com.sevencookies.GedGap folder from within your container folder, which is located in your home Library folder (~/Library/Container/au.com.sevencookies.GedGap, where the ~ tilde symbol is your home folder).
We welcome relevant and respectful comments, please read our comments policy before adding comments below.